Welcome

I'm glad you're here and I hope you are enjoying yourself

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Waiting


It was quiet with everyone involved in their activities; reading, computing, or quietly talking. The TV was barely audible or else not noticeable. I looked at my watch. How many more hours did I have at the dealership. Restlessness was not the mood to be waiting for anything, especially something that had to do with vehicles. At least I wasn't at the Department of Motor Vehicles. I read a book by Jodi Picoult. One of the character's job was to wait in line for other people; wait in ticket lines before you used your cell phone to purchase tickets, or wait in the DMV and probably wait for cars to be ready. She said she was a waiter, waiting in lines for people who didn't have the time and could afford not to have to wait in line. Lucky to be rich. When I read that scene, I wondered how much she got paid to be that kind of waiter. It was bad enough waiting for me, but to wait for someone else. 

Someone walked in the waiting room and everyone looked up from our activities.

This is from a writing prompt I came up with and posted on my Life Prompts blog. This is my response.  Happy Writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment